May 4, 2013

Week 18: Have a Sassy Birthday...

This week I have been on placements for my program which means that I work somewhere for 5 weeks (without pay). As such I have very little homework to do in the evenings. I am able to fill my evenings with reading, swimming, and yes.... CRAFTING. This is my second card this week! Perhaps I'll make a third :)

A couple weeks ago I won a challenge for my Rainbows After the Showers card and received two digi stamps from Sassy Studio Designs. I used one of the digi stamps to make a sassy card for one of my good girl friends. Its her birthday coming up and I wanted a card to reflect how fun and vibrant she is.  The image is "Martini Pin-up Sassy" from Sassy Studio Designs. The accent paper is from Creative Memories and the ribbons I got from Michaels. The inspiration for the colours in this card from a picture from the Sparkle N' Sprinkle Challenge blog. The hammock and bright colours reminded me of an old trip to Ecuador.



I must say I had to colour this image twice. The first time I tried putting "highlights" in the girls hair and it just looked AWFUL. I only have a 12 basic colours pack of Copic markers so the highlights just looked too dark. I love how all the warm colours came together though.

  • blonde hair = Y13 Lemon Yellow
  • red dress/heels/olive centre = R08 Vermilion
  • dress accent/earrings = YR04 Chrome Orange
  • olive picks = E09 Burnt Sienna
  • olives = YG03 Yellow Green
Question: What Copic markers would you recommend, based on the ones I have, to blend? What Copic markers are your essentials?


Challenges


10 comments:

  1. Great Card!

    Thanks for playing at Mad for Markers this month.

    Happy Crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and such a cute image. So glad you joined us for the color challenge at SNS Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. That's such a fun image.

    When I'm looking at copics for blending, I go to Flourishes Stamps. They sell copics in packs of 3 that blend well together. I don't buy from them but I look at their packs to see what they bundle together. It's really helpful.

    The Christmas paper on my card came from my LSS on 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sassy girl image. Great card and colouring. Thanks for participating in this months challenge at The Stamp Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy image, shes so fun and fabulous! Great colour combo and layout!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Stamp Spot for the feminine challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in this are fab! Thanks for linking up to play along at The Stamp Spot. Jess D DT TSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, Cathy! Thanks for playing along with The Stamp Spot this month!

    Sandra
    TSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - Don't forget to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/05/52-card-pickup-219.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Sassy! Love it :) bright and bold and fun! A few of the ladies on The Stamp Spot DT use copics... but I am no help in that area... I am an embellishment girl myself :)
    So glad you could join in the fun challenge this month at The Stamp Spot, thanks for playing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!
    As for blending - the best advise I was given was to choose colours that are close together like B00, B01 and B03 just as an example. I am currently in love with my BG's ;)
    Thank you for joining us at The Stamp Spot for our monthly challenge :)

    ReplyDelete