January 13, 2013

Week 2: I'm Folding Under the the Pressure

Here is a novel idea for you: I made my card a day ahead of my personal deadline. Felt so good! I got this idea off Pinterest and was led to the great tutorial on Inkspired Treasures

Folded Christmas Trees
1. You will need double sided paper.

2. Download the template off the Inkspired Treasures blog post. You can see the template below. She posted two different sizes of circles so they will create different sized trees.

3. Cut out the circle. Cut the circle is half. Score the paper along the score lines. I used the bone folder out of my Cricut Tool Kit.

4. Fold along the score lines, making sure to fold back and forth. Secure with some sort of double sided adhesive.

Improvements: 
  • I really wanted to do the message with white embossing powder but I don't own embossing powder or a heat gun. Its on my craft wish list. Hopefully at the end of this month if there is money left in the budget I can do some craft shopping.
  • I think it would be beautiful to add some strategic glitter to the trees. I haven't really played with glitter so I wanted to wait and do more research before I go messing around with it (Type A much!). 



Challenges:
Christmas Card Challenge - Christmas or Winter Card
Creative Card Crew - Snow & Ice
Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Try Something New
That Craft Place - Christmas
Gingerloft - Winter or Let It Snow

4 comments:

  1. I love these trees - these are just amazing!!Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I love how they turned out and are so simple to execute.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on winning the Christmas Challenge. I hadn't seen that!

    LOVE those trees. I will so play with those.

    Don't purchase the embossing powder or the heat embosser. Those make easy B-Day pressies. As for glitter, you want to buy Stickles. It's a type of glitter glue. All the pretty of glitter and none of the mess. The prince will thank you kindly! DH gets so upset when he comes home from work and the guys have been teasing him about glitter on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete