So here are some instructions on making my version of this Menu Board:
1. You will need an 10" x 13" frame, alphabet stickers (x2) and 2 - 12"x12" pieces of pattern paper.
2. Cut the paper lengthwise so that it is now 10" x 12". You will need to add on an extra inch of paper from the second sheet. I stuck this in place by using Sookwang double sided tape.
3. Measure out the paper into 8 sections. Mine had 8 sections of 1.625 inches. This gave me room for the title and 7 days of the week.
4. Start sticking on your lettering. The style of alphabet that you use will really give the mood of your menu board. I love modern, clean lines but in bright colours. I thought this lettering spoke to this well.
5. Pop the paper into the frame. Use an expo pen (non-permanent marker!) to write out that week's menu.
- Look for weekly deals and coupons at craft stores like Michael's. I was able to buy this frame for $7.20!
- Use a ruler to lay down the letters. I learned this the hard way and had to peel off the letters and re-do it.
- Leave some space on left hand side so your letters don't get cut off by the frame like mine did here.
What do you think would you hang one in your home? Any suggestions for improvement? Oh and what's for dinner?