January 22, 2012

Scraps of Maui

After much carding I have been getting a hankering for another kind of paper project. I finally went back to working on my Maui scrapbook from my trip last February. After printing out a couple of the pictures I only had about one hour to work on the scrapbook. Before I always needed a couple hours to do any scrapbooking. There were very few moments during the average week to do any scrapbooking. However, I realized that between the paper, stickers, and Cricut I could whip out a scrapbook page lickity split.  Without the Cricut I did most of the titles on the computer. Now I can just type it out in the Cricut. If you can't tell I highly recommend a Cricut if you are considering getting one. Here are a couple of pages from before and after:

Before:



 


After:


The album I bought in one of the Hawaiian Marketplaces. My MIL found a scrapbook package at Winners at a great deal. The rest I picked up at Michaels.

As far as my style goes I like to border most pictures to help them stand out off the page. This way the picture is the showcase. After that I usually use only a couple stickers or die-cuts to accent the pictures. I don't like too many decals or rhinestones when scrapbooking. I'm always afraid the rhinestones might wreck my pictures.

Any suggestions for the rest of the scrapbook? How would you describe your scrapbooking style? Suggestions for good scrapbooking blogs?

1 comment:

  1. Great pages! I'm so jealous of all that sand, surf and fun! I don't blog my scrapbook pages because I tend to write a lot on my pages. My albums are almost more photo journals than scrapbooks. I worry about how much content would be published especially with kids.

    I used to mount most of my photos but not as much anymore - time more than anything else. If I can't get 4 pages done in a two hour sitting, it ain't happening!

    ReplyDelete